The Annenberg Space for Photography has once again partnered with our friends at Photoville to create Gallery View, A Virtual Photography Portfolio Review! The program pairs professional and emerging photographers with top photo editors, curators, and world-renowned photographers for a special one-on-one review.
Over the course of five weeks, 100 professional and emerging photographers will be selected to present their portfolio of work to two established professionals in the field. Photographers will be given the unique opportunity to exchange ideas about their process, body of work, and careers with the reviewers virtually, in a one-on-one setting.
STUDENT PORTFOLIO PROCESS
- The Photo Space and Photoville will host a special Student Portfolio Review Day, where students and recent graduates from higher education institutions can learn from the most established photographers and professionals in the field and discuss opportunities for growth.
- The Photo Space and Photoville will jointly determine the photographers and the expert reviewers, and will make the pairings based on shared interests and subject matter.
- Photographers will be selected based on the quality of work.
- Categories for submission include editorial, fashion, fine art, music, journalism, landscape, portraiture, LGBTQ+, COVID-related, and conceptual.
- Photographers are invited to submit a portfolio of 15 – 25 images from one or two projects. Please note that if selected, the images submitted in this application will be shared with your assigned reviewers.
- There is limited space and placement cannot be guaranteed. Only one application per person will be allowed.
- Student Photographers will be notified of their application's status by May 26, 2020
- Selected Photographers will be sent a schedule that includes the review times, and reviewer information.
- Student Portfolio Review Day will be held virtually on June 18 over Zoom, between 12pm - 4pm EST / 9am - 1pm PST.
- Reviews will be conducted over Zoom (password-protected links will be sent a day before your respective review, along with instructions)
- Photographers will need to be able to share their screen with the reviewer and discuss the work within a 20 minute session time.
The deadline to students to apply has been extended to 11:59pm PDT on Monday, May 25 2020.
Submission for Student photographers is free.
Selected Photographers acknowledge the right of the Annenberg Space for Photography and Photoville to use a single image from their submitted entry for publication on the web and in promotions directly related to the "Gallery View, A Virtual Photography Portfolio Review" initiative. Copyright over each submission remains the property of its respective entrant.